Choose Your Language:
What information do we process?
When a patient participates in a Max Access Solution (MAS) program, we collect, retain, and process (collectively, “process”) the Personal Data below:
- your name;
- your gender;
- your date of birth;
- your contact number(s);
- your email address;
- your correspondence address;
- the hospital and physician you are receiving treatment from;
- your income or financial status (if applicable); and
- the contact details of your caregiver (if applicable).
(collectively, your “Personal Data”)
For us to provide adequate support and care, we will also process the Sensitive Personal Data below:
- your diagnosis;
- your diagnosis date;
- the treatment you are receiving;
- dates and results of your PCR tests (if applicable).
(collectively, your “Sensitive Personal Data”)
How and why do we process your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data directly from you, your caregiver and/or your physician when you apply to participate as a patient in one of our MAS programs. We process your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide patient support and care to you;
- to share information with you about your disease or treatment;
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under any law or regulations;
- any other purposes pertaining to the administration and management of the Programs.
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
We may use your data in an aggregate and non-identifiable manner for publications. This means that any data that could identify you (e.g. your name, date of birth, address) will be removed so no one will be able to connect your data to you.
Who will we disclose your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data to?
We may disclose your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data to:
- entities within The Max Foundation; and
- law enforcement agency or government agency if we are obliged to do so by law.
Your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data are also stored in our protected, web-based database which is hosted in the United States.
We will not disclose your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data to any other third party without your consent. We will also safeguard your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data and ensure that it is stored securely.
What are the consequences of you not consenting to the processing of your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data?
If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data under this Personal Data Notice, you may not be able to participate in The Max Foundation’s programs.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right to be informed – You have the right to be informed of what data of yours is being collected, how it’s being used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with any third parties.
- Your right of access – You have the right to request a copy of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify (correct) information you think is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Your right to get notice of a breach – You have the right to be notified upon a breach of any of your unsecured Protected Health Information.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the following address, if you wish to make a request:
The Max Foundation
1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 230
Seattle, WA 98105
+1 (206) 778-8660