What data we collect about you
We currently use the following information voluntarily provided to us by individuals who make a donation or sign up for a newsletter:
- Personal identifiers, including name, birth date, marital status, age, and gender
- Contact information, including mailing/home address, phone number, and email address
- Job history, including current employer
How we get your data and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You made a donation directly on themaxfoundation.org or at a Max-hosted event (i.e. Maximize Life Gala)
- You signed up for The Max Foundation email newsletter
- You contacted The Max Foundation through our contact form on themaxfoundation.org
We may collect some personal data automatically, such as:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider (“ISP”) information, and browser type and language.
- Cookies, pixels, and similar technologies that collect data about your interaction with our sites, including, for example, referring webpage, pages visited on our sites, and crash data.
In addition, we may link the information we collect automatically or the information from any cookie or pixel with the information you provide in other contexts on our site (newsletters, etc.) to personalize, connect and streamline your experience when visiting our sites.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
What we do with your data
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with personalized service;
- send e-mail alerts to you;
- answer your requests;
- to process your donation;
We may also use your information to track visits of our website. This lets us see which of our content is popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing the number of visitors throughout our website, for example) to outside parties.
We may share your information with outside parties in the following ways:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- With your consent or at your direction.
How we store your data
Your information is securely processed and stored in the following platforms:
- ClickBid (event and auction platform; replacing ClickBid in August)
- GiveSmart (event and auction platform; replacing ClickBid in August)
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [insert email address, phone number and or postal address] if you wish to make a request.